Just words

Just words

Monday, May 30, 2011

PITY

That night she wrote on her blog:

Just when I had given up on my ultra-monotonously hectic life, a life that (besides the usual stuff) also includes the daily odious journey in a dear old rattling bus, God sends me a diversion. I’m happy to announce (rather share) that human looking men are not altogether extinct from the face of this earth; and that I had the good fortune of spotting one today. Needless to say after a few surreptious glances, his radar caught the signals. But unfortunately for him (and fortunately for me) the eyes could not spot the silently-hidden-in-darkness gaze. (Phew!)

And so we rattled on---the gaze, the radar and the bus. Here I must add that since I don’t know his name let’s call him Mr. Blue Shirt. I wait for the journey to end with mixed feelings(I distinctly remember being angry too for my sheer ‘ teenagerishness’). The journey ends. He meanders to the door, all the while searching for the gaze. The gaze on the other hand feigns slumber. Blue Shirt vanishes.

And thus starts my wait…for a more eventful tomorrow. Funny how life never resolves K

That same midnight he commented below her post:

Hi! New to this place…really liked it! Experienced something very similar today in the bus. But lost her in the crowd. Keep writing! J


The next evening as the threesome rattled along( the ‘gaze’, the ‘radar’ and the’bus’) somewhere above a smiling Cupid took aim. But Destiny lowered his hand and said: “Pity! They are not meant to be.”

2 comments:

  1. ders something abt unfinished love stories. i cant pin it down to a feeling. but its like hot chocolate. u always ask fo more :D

    ReplyDelete